1. When was the WTO Inaugurated?
(A) 1990 (B) 1995 (C) 2000 (D) 2005
2. When will the American troops depart from Afghanistan?
(A) 2013 (B) 2014 (C) 2015 (D) 2016
3. What is Arab Spring?
(A) A Season (B) Hot water spring (C) Oil explosion (D) Democratic upsurge
4. Where was the centenary session of the Indian Science Congress held?
(A) New Delhi (B) Chennal (C) Koflcata (D) Bengaluru
5. WhIch of the following is associated with globalization?
(A) Uberalisrn (B) Welfare State (C) Socialism (D) Communism
6. What Is Youm?
(A) A dance form (B) A disease (C) Technology to produce plastic phone (D) Television
7. What is ASHA?
(A) Accredited Social Health Activists (B) Association of Self-Help Agents
(C) Association of Social Health Agencies (D) None of these
8. Who decides CRR?
(A) Ministry of Finance (B) Fàiance Commission (C) Reserve Bank of India (D) PMO
9. When was the Kyoto Protocol signed?
(A) 1995 (B) 1997 (C) 2001 (D) 2005
10. Which of the following films is directed by Ang Lee?
(A) Slumdog (B) Lincoln (C) Bride and Prejudice (D) Life of P1
11. Who propounded the Idea of clash of Civilisations?
(A) Samuel P. Huntington (B) George Bush (C) Bill C1nton (D) Henry Kissinger
12. Which of the following suggested to establish Fast Track Courts?
(A) Lok Sabha (B) Supreme Court (C) First National Judicial Pay Commission (D) National Crime Record Bureau
13. What happens during Recession?
(A) Growth of Economy (B) Sale of commodities is less (C) Unemployment is hh (D) All of these are correct
14. With how many countries India shares land borders?
(A) Three (B) Four (C) Five (D) Six
15. McMohan Line divides:
(A) India and China (B) India and Pakistan (C) India and Bangladesh (D) Pakistan and Afghanistan
16. Where is Attan-Wagah Border?
(A) Raiasthan (B) Pun jab (C) Gujarat (D) Jammu & Kashmir
17. Where is Sir Creek?
(A) Arunachal Pradesh (B) Jammu & Kashmir (C) Gujarat (D) Rajasthan
18. Jaipur is known as:
(A) Green City (B) Lake City (C) Golden City (D) Pink City
19. What is Bethlehem?
(A) Capital of Palestine (B) Capital of Israel (C) Birth Place of Jesus (D) None of these
20. WhIch city Is situated In two continents?
(A) Istanbul (B) Moscow (C) Jerusalem (D) Geneva
21. What was the name of the legendary Indian Mathematician?
(A) Srinivasa Ramanujan (B) Ramanu;an Ayyer (C) Shivshankar Ramanujan (D) Raman4an Ayyangar
22. Who ii the Governor of West Bengal?
(A) G. Gandhi (B) M. Alva (C) M.K. Narayanan (D) Biman Bose
23. Who is the Chairman of Tata Sons?
(A) Ratan Tata (B) J.J. Irani (C) Aditya Birta (D) Cyrus Mistry
24. Who was the first Speaker of Lok Sabha?
(A) MA Ayangar (B) G.V. Mavalankar (C) Sardar Hukum Singh (D) N.S. Reddy
25. Saddat Hasan Manto is remembered as:
(A) Short Story Writer (B) Poet (C) Sportsman (D) Playback Singer
26. Bombay Jayashrl is a —
(A) Actress (B) Poet (C) Camatic Vocahst (D) Film Director
27. Who is known as the Mozart of Madras?
(A) Mu Malik (B) A.R. Rehman (C) Ravi Shankar (D) Kamal Hassan
28. Who is the Census Commissioner of India?
(A) Vinod Ral (B) Nikhil Kumar (C) M.C. Sharma (D) C. Chandramouli
29. Who is Chief Justice of India?
(A) R Mishra (B) Dipak Mtstira (C) Altamas Kabir (D) D. Murugesan
30. Who is the Secretary General of the UN?
(A) Ban-ki Moon (B) Shashi Tharoor (C) Brahimi (D) Hillary Clinton
31. Who Is the Prime Minister of United Kingdom?
(A) Tony Blair (B) David Cameron (C) Al Gore (D) None of these
32. Who is the President of Syria?
(A) Sheik aI-Sabah (B) Syed Akbaruddin (C) Bashar al-Assad (D) Abdullah
33. When was the Indian National Congress Founded?
(A) 1858 (B) 1885 (C) 1895 (D) 1905
34. Which revolution influenced Sultan Tipu?
(A) English Revolution (B) American Revolution (C) French Revolution (D) Partition of Bengal
35. Who founded the Brahmo Samaj?
(A) Vivekanand (B) Dayanand (C) Ramakrishna (D) Raja Rammohan Roy
36. Where Gandhi experimented his first Satyagraha In India?
(A) Sabarmati (B) Noakhali (C) Champaran (D) Jallianwalla Bagh
37. Who wrote ‘Glimpses of World History’?
(A) Jawahar Lal Nehru (B) Mahatama Gandhi (C) Romila Thapar (D) Bipan Chandra
38. Who wrote ‘Devdas’?
(A) Rabindranath Tagore (B) Bankim Chandra (C) Hazan Prasad Dwvedi (D) Sharat Chandra
39. WhIch of the followings Is not a Fundamental Right in IndIa?
(A) Right to Property (B) Right to Equality (C) Right to particular Freedoms (D) Right to freedom of Religion
40. What does Habeas Corpus mean?
(A) To have a body (B) Kill a body (C) Imprisonment (D) Appoint a person
41. What was the purpose of 73id Constitutional Amendment?
(A) Job reservation for minorities (B) Promotion for SC!ST (C)Strengthening of Panchayati Raj (D) FDI
42. When is AIDS Day Observed?
(A) 2 February (B) 1 April (C) 1 December (D) 1 November
43. When Is Human Rights Day Celebrated?
(A) 24’ October (B) 14’ November (C) 14 February (D) 10 December
44. Which vitamin Is there in Lemon?
(A) Vitamin A (B) Vitamin B (C) Vitamin C (D) Vitamin D
45. Which Is the most significant property of garlic?
(A) Flavour (B) Medicinal (C) Taste (D) Colour
46. What causes Osteoporosis?
(A) Low Vitamin diet (B) High Vitamin diet (C) High Fat diet (D) Low calcium diet
47. Who Invented Penicillin?
(A) Alexander Fleming (B) Louis Pasteur (C) Marie Curie (D) Edward Jenner
48. WhIch channel launched the political comedy—Yes, Prime Minister?
(A) Doordarshan (B) NDTV (C) BBC (D) CNN
49. When Internet came In public domain?
(A) 1981 (B) 1991 (C) 1995 (D) None of these
50. Where is the Capital of the country ‘Mali’?
(A) Bamako (B) Konna (C) Timbuktu (D) Gao